When you have a fluctuating schedule it is very difficult to organize your time. Here are some tips to helping you get your schedule to be manageable.
- Understand that you can not plan your schedule as easily and account for that limitation.
- Plan “Me time” at least once per week. Even 15 minutes a day can greatly improve your state of mind and focus.
- Write everything down. Use a planner or an app that will allow you to visually see what you are doing.
- Don’t take on more than you can do. Learn to say “no” because you can not guarantee that you will have the ability to do the task.
- Divide task into multiple daily/weekly parts. This helps you to do more with less time.
- Create/update your personal schedule, the moment you get your updated work schedule ( and other schedules). Always stay up to date.
- Take 20 mins per night to review your planner.
- Plan time for exercise and meals.
- Plan time to interact with friends and family in a relaxing setting.
And last but not least try out Take Control of Your Time. This is an on-demand audio course that helps you learn to value your time, visualize your time, and understand prioritization.