The goal of the Daily Cleaning is to eventually come to a place where your daily pick up is a 15-30 minute breeze (no more than 1 hour). This will help you to reduce and sort through the clutter and to help keep things in their place so that you can be organized to an extent that works for you.
Remember that organization looks different for various people due to various needs, tics, and preferences.
Being organized is not about being perfect. It’s about making things easier, more efficient, and less stressful for YOU by establishing structure and boundaries for yourself. So let’s start with the basics
So let’s start with the basics. Here I am providing a template based on singles and partnerships with no children in a one bedroom. This is the base that you build on and it should be fairly easy to do. If you need assistance, drop us a message.
- Make bed
- Clean breakfast dishes.
- Put breakfast materials away.
- Wipe down counters.
- Put away grooming materials*.
- Put clothes away.
- Separate dirty clothes.
- Stain treat clothing.
- Pick up clutter*.
- Wipe down and Sanitize sink.
- Wipe down the stove top.
- Wipe down counters.
- Wipe off the cabinets.
- Wipe off the sink and faucet.
- Swoosh the toilet bowl.
- Wipe off the toilet seat and rim.
- Spray daily cleaner in the shower.
- Wipe off the counter.
- Wipe off the mirror.
- Clear off tables.*
- Clear off the couch and straighten cushions.
- Pick up clutter.*
*There are 2 ways to do this. 1) Go around with a small basket for each room and place misplace items in the basket to sort into the proper place during the weekly deep clean. 2) Work on efficient and quick ways to put away your clutter. The second option will take more time and trial and error. Let these be your only two or part of your only a few options.
Quick clean note
In our house, we use lots of disinfectant wipes. That makes wipe downs easier, but it can be costly and not environmentally compassionate.
DIY Reusable wipes
- Minimum of 34 oz airtight container or jar
- Minimum of 15 clothes or wash clothes.
- Minimum of 32 oz of preferred disinfectant cleaner. Suggested: Alcohol or white vinegar.
- Optional: Scissors, scrap cloth, old t-shirts
- If you have not pre-purchased wash clothes, use scrap fabric and old t-shirts to cut wipe like stripes of cloth.-
- Stuff the cloth into the jar until full, not overflowing. Remember we will need to add liquid to it.
- Pour liquid over cloth until covered. Allow to sit to completely saturate the cloth.
- After the cloth is saturated, add liquid until the container is full.
- Close the lid and you are done with your reusable wipes. As you use the wipes set them aside to dry and add to your weekly whites laundry cycle, then re-stuff the jar.
Coming up in this series: Weekly Clean