- Flour Tortillas
- 1/2 cup of brown lentils
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons Bragg’s liquid aminos
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons chia
- 1/2 cup water
- Cook the lentil mix by combining all the ingredients until the lentils are soft. We want an almost mushy consistency.
- While lentils are cooking mix 1/4 cup of water with chia and let sit for 10 minutes. Add nuts and leftover water ( sub almond milk) to the blender and blend until smooth. Blend in the last of the ingredients until fully mixed. Once spices and N.Y are blended and the chia ( it should be a pudding like texture).Allow setting until lentil are fully cooked.
- This part is the assembly of our quesadillas.
- Warm the tortillas before use.
- Spread a substantial amount of lentils on one-half of the tortilla.
- On the other half add 3-4 tablespoons of the cheese sauce to the tortilla and spread it.
- Fold the tortilla and allow it to brown on both outer sides of the tortilla.
Et Voila! You have a tasty vegan quesadilla. Use salsa to give it an extra kick or even add more cheese sauce!
Do you have a veggie quesadilla recipe you love? Share below!