- Take it slow and learn nutrition.
- Read about food.
- YouTube is your friend.
- It’s OK to buy a few cookbooks.
- Invest in your kitchen, because it’s also an investment in your health.
- Not everything has to be organic. Remember the dirty dozen.
- Learn about ingredient labels.
- Don’t forget that animal by-products have many names.
- It’s OK to make mistakes. Veggie is a lifestyle, not just a diet. It takes time. It’s like breaking habits and learning new ones. You can’t do it overnight.
- Make goals.
- Find your reason(s) why.
- Build your support system. There are many online communities if you don’t have a local one, and meetup.com is often a great way to start to build a community.
- Learn your favorites foods from each category.
- Buy Bulk in whatever you use the most ( Grains/Legumes/Etc)
- Prioritize healthy nutrition dense foods.
- Shop sales and learn about the stores around you.
- Treat yourself occasionally.
Check in periodically for updates.