- 1 – 8 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups lettuce
- 3 dried chili peppers
- 1 carrot
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 large potato/3 small potatoes roughly diced ( peeled if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup lentils
- 1/4 cup pinto beans
- 1/2 teaspoon amaranth
- 1 teaspoon millet
Cheese crumbles topping:
- 1/8 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Prep the bean filling. Add the beans and grains to a crock pot with 3 and 1/2 cups of water on high for 3-4 hours. Check periodically to make sure there is enough liquid to prevent burning. Allow to cook until there is a small amount of a thick liquid and beans a soft enough to eat.
- After the bean filling is cooked, place the diced potato in a pan with olive oil and cook thoroughly.
- While the potatoes are cooking add sauce ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Assemble your enchiladas and allow to bake for 1 minutes at 30 degrees.
- Mix the cheese crumble in a blender and sprinkle on the enchiladas after they are down baking.
Note: I also really like sautéed spinach or greens with garlic or parboiling them in veggie broth as an additional filling.