Ingredients ( Creates 3 servings or 1 big personal serving of cake)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 flax egg ( 1/2 tablespoon of ground flax + 1 and 1/2 tablespoon of water)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cashew milk
- Make egg replacer first to allow it to thicken to the proper consistency. – 10 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix the flour and baking powder together.
- Cream together oil and sugar. Once creamed add the flax egg and vanilla.
- When that is smoothed add the sugar mixture to the flour mix and combine until smooth.
- Add the milk.
- After all the ingredients are mixed add the batter to a small grease baking pan. I used a mini tube pan with a removable bottom.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
Note: Add cinnamon and nutmeg for extra yums. I also made a daiya cream cheese chocolate icing, but I didn’ use enough sugar for my taste; everyone else like it though.