So this was a really yum recipe I made last week. Paired it with roasted potatoes and veggies. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did. And Because I forgot to post this earlier there will be 2 recipes today. Here we go.
Faux meat loaf
1 and 1/2 cups of wheat gluten
1 medium carrot
1/2 cup of puréed greens ( I used Spinach, turnip, and collards)
1 cup of cooked barley
1/4 cup tomato sauce
1 teaspoon of bouillon
Basil to taste
Cayenne to taste
1/2 tablespoon of liquid smoke
- Measure dry ingredients into a medium mixing bowl.
- Puree onion, greens, carrot, and bouillon
- Use a spoon to fold the purée into the dry ingredients.
- Add the cooked barley and knead with your hand until into it is completely mixed. If you used to eat meatloaf, the texture should be similar to the raw ground beef mixture.
- Put into a greased loaf pan and let settle for 10 minutes.
- Baked for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Roughly dice 2 large potatoes and put in a baking dish with 1 cup of bouillon and 1 cup of cooked lentils.
Bake for 20 minutes on 350 degrees. Drain liquid into a small saucepan and use to make gravy. Continue to bake the potatoes for 5 more potatoes.