- 2 cups Brown lentils
- 1/2 sweet pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons Maple
- 2 Carrots
- Bouillon ( equal to 4 cups broth)
- 4 cups of water
- Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- Liquid smoke
- Brown onion in olive oil.
- Add bouillon, water, and lentil to 4 quart pot.
- Cook till lentil are part way soft, then add diced tomatoes, maple, and sweet pepper.
- Once lentils are soft carrots, tomato paste, cayenne pepper, and liquid smoke if desired.
- Let simmer until liquid is reduced.
Enjoy on bread, with rice, by itself, with salad, and anything else you would use chili for.
**Please be sure to read up on liquid smoke. It’s always helpful to know as much as you can about any food you eat.