I love cereal. It’s a quick and easy meal for busy mornings. Check below for the recipes and pics.
- 3 Tablespoons Millet
- 2 tablespoons Quinoa
- 1 tablespoon Amaranth
- 1/4 Barley
- Organic oats (Enough to sprinkle on a thin layer Parchment paper)
- 1 tablespoon Flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon Ground Flax + 3 tablespoons of water
- 1 /2 tablespoon Chia
- 1 /4 cup Brown rice
- 2 tablespoons Vanilla
- 2-3 tablespoons Honey
- 1/2 cup Almond pieces
- to taste Raisin
- to taste Pumpkin seeds
- to taste allspice
- 2 small pot
- 1 medium mixing bowls
- Cooking spoon
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Regular size bowl
- Baking sheet
- Scraping scraper
- Parchment paper
- Mix ground flax and water in the bowl. Set aside.
- Cook Amaranth, Millet, and Quinoa until completely cooked. It should have a similar look as thick porridge instead of the regular fluffy grainy look. Takes approximately 20 -30 minutes on medium.)
- At the same time cook the brown rice in a separate pot by package instructions.
- By now the flax mixture should have thickened. Add flax seeds, chia, vanilla, honey and allspice. Once honey is dissolved. Set aside until grains finish cooking. Give this no less that 5 minutes to thicken.
- In mixing bowl mix together grain mix, rice, barley, pumpkin seeds and almonds. Add raisins. Add flax mixture till everything is coated.
- Sprinkle oats of the parchment lined baking sheet. Spread grain mixture as thin as you can manage.
- Bake on 250º F for 1 – 2 hours
- Bake time depends on how dry you want it. Baking for 2 hours dries the rice almost completely and it does not dehydrate well. Baking for 1 hour will give you a softer product. I felt 1 and 1/2 hours would have given me the perfect texture.
Note sub maple syrup for honey for vegan cereal.