— a quick guide to establishing a brand and build a PR base for whatever you are selling.
When you host an event, you have established an intended purpose or message. To spend time with family, to have fun, to advertise a product, to introduce a person.
How you convey that message is event storytelling. Design and Scheme will now offer to you, our summarization of how you can achieve the desired effects of your narrative. Event storytelling is about connecting with your audience. It is your production design. Let’s get to the step by step process.
1) Establish your project process.
To get started you need to ask yourself a few basic question to outline the image you are creating.
- What is your vision of your event and the foreseen outcome? – Don’t be afraid to daydream a little and let your imagination run wild. You can tame it down during the execution stage.
- Who needs to be involved? – Of course, you are going to need a vendors and contact list, so this is your chance to start developing an idea of connections you need to tap and new acquaintances you need to make.
- What are the logistics necessary for you to understand to make this event happen? – Get ready to jot down some notes. Hello! Onedrive, Onenote, Google Drive. Decide if you will be the primary facilitator and working solo or if you need a team of coordinators to make this happen. The aforementioned applications will definitely help you whichever way you decide to go with you planning. All details need to be delegated and assigned a deadline, so take note.
- How will the management team and coordinators communicate? – For emergency needs? For payments? For when everything is going wrong ? What methods of communication will be used?
- What is your event blueprint? Even the most spontaneous person is bound to need some structure and assistance. A blueprint helps you to address foreseeable crisis as well.
- What are all potential risk with this event? – Alcohol, allergies, safety risk, etc.
- What are your contingency plans? -There is nothing wrong with have a plan B, C, and even D.